Monday, January 4, 2010

13 going on 30 2004



"Thirty, flirty and thriving."


Number one reason why I love this film is because it's a chick-flick, and I can't live without chick-flicks. Even though they could be cheesy and predictable most of the times, they let out within me a feeling that aims for optimism in the world of love(<-Cheesy part), and the main character struggles through the entire movie to finally end up with the other awesomely HOT/cute character in the movie (<<< the predictability).
13 going on 30 certainly goes beyond expectations, with the above characteristics included. This movie is sooo much fun together that I could watch it everyday for the rest of my life, not to mention that the music selection is sooo freaking good. Bear with me, we have: Thriller (with the best choreography included), Jessie's girl by Rick Springfield, Vienna by Billy Joel (beautiful), Burning down the house by Talking Heads, and What I like about you by Lillix, among others. How awesome are they?? Pretty awesome :P.
what else? uh, Jennifer Garner stars in this movie and it's hard to dislike a movie with her (with the exception of Catch and Release which seriously sucks, and maybe you could come up with a couple more); fictionally you are granted your ever long wish of getting-older-and-leaving-your-parents-behind; and the most awesome retro collection of clothes.
The acting is top of the line with Garner doing a great job by acting extremely innocent, such naivety is unbeatable, the comedy is subtle but more than enough, and of course you get your romantic sex-free scenes.

Becky: I like your dress.
Jenna: That's because I have these incredible boobs to fill it out! 

1 comment: